LUXURY VINYL PLANK (LVP)
Luxury Vinyl Plank Flooring in Burke, VA
Floors & Designs, LLC installs luxury vinyl plank flooring in Burke, VA, and in the nearby areas of the District of Columbia and Maryland.
Our goal is to provide you with quality, resilient vinyl flooring products that offer a positive and lasting effect on your home. Our products will beautify your home, enhance décor, require minimal maintenance, stand the test of time, and meet your specific needs in terms of comfort, performance, and budget. To help achieve our goal, we’ve created a library of resilient flooring knowledge, style choices, shopping tips, buying considerations, and upkeep dos and don’ts. For example, subfloor surfaces must be clean, smooth, and level. Additionally, vinyl flooring is not recommended for installation over radiant heat.
VINYL FLOORING CHARACTERISTICS
- have some “give” or elasticity when you walk across them
- often used in kitchens and baths
- resistant to moisture
- has a wide variety of colors and textures
- easy to keep clean
- its main enemy is grit or sand
- completely customize your floor by mixing contrasting colors patchwork style, creating medallions or curved cuts
- some resilient floors are vinyl but not all vinyl floors are resilient
THREE TYPES OF VINYL FLOORING
LVT Vinyl Plank
- all the advantages of vinyl
- available in a wide array of colors
- can look good anywhere
- spare tiles can be kept on hand to repair worn areas
- opens up unlimited possibilities for creating unique patterns
- no other flooring offers the selection, styling, ease of maintenance and value
- can realistically mimic the look of ceramic, stone and wood grain
- linoleum is not an example of resilient flooring
- Resilient flooring is moisture resistant which makes it an excellent choice for high moisture areas such as bathrooms, laundry rooms, kitchens, and basements.
- It will also enhance the look and feel of bedrooms, living rooms, and any other areas of your home.
- The method of installation is either lock and fold or floating. It does not need glue. Install an entire floor in just a few hours with no mess.
- Lays directly over your sub-floor with minimal prep
- Looks and feels like real wood
- Durable and water-resistant
- Great for high traffic areas, above and below grade
- Most products feature OptiClean, Shaw’s easy to clean surface that offers additional stain resistance.
- most vinyl comes in 6’ and 12’ widths
- seaming may be necessary depending on the area to be covered
- certain patterns will hide seams better
- tile patterns with grout lines are better able to mask seams
- seam sealers may be visible in contrast with different vinyl textures and finishes
- your responsibility to maintain caulking in heavy water use areas
Potential additional expenses:
- furniture removal/replacement
- demolition/disposal of the old floor covering
- subfloor preparation
- product delivery
- vinyl installation
- materials required to complete the installation
At Floors & Designs, we rely heavily on referrals and repeat business, so we stand behind the products we sell and install. If there is a problem after installation, we will return and fix the problem at no additional cost to you. We are your luxury vinyl plank flooring specialists and will work with you every step of the way. Our job is not done until you are completely satisfied.
Contact us today for a free estimate on the installation of luxury vinyl plank flooring.